IMPORTANT PATIENT SAFETY INFORMATION
Tell your healthcare provider about all of the medicines you take, including prescription or non-prescription medications or herbal supplements before starting Talicia. Talicia may affect the way other medicines work, and other medicines may affect the way Talicia works. Do not start any new medications while taking Talicia without first speaking with your healthcare provider.
- You should not take Talicia if you are known to be sensitive to any of the components of Talicia (omeprazole, amoxicillin, rifabutin), penicillins, proton pump inhibitors or rifamycins.
- You should not take Talicia if you are taking rilpivirine-containing products, delavirdine or voriconazole.
Before you take Talicia, tell your healthcare provider about all of your medical conditions,
including if you:
- Are pregnant or plan to become pregnant. Talicia may harm your unborn baby. Tell your healthcare provider if you become pregnant or think you may be pregnant during your treatment with Talicia.
- Have severe kidney disease or liver disease.
Call your healthcare provider immediately if while taking Talicia you develop:
- New rash or other skin changes, muscle or joint pains, swelling of any area of the body, severe flu-like symptoms, difficulty breathing, fever, blood in your urine, increased or decreased urination, drowsiness, confusion, nausea, vomiting, ongoing stomach pain, bloody diarrhea, or if diarrhea continues after therapy is completed, weight gain or changes in your eyesight.
What are the common side effects of Talicia?
- The most common side effects of Talicia are diarrhea, headache, nausea, stomach pain, rash, indigestion, mouth or throat pain, vomiting, and vaginal yeast infection. Call your healthcare professional for medical advice about side effects.
- Tell your healthcare provider if you experience tiredness, weakness, achiness, headaches, dizziness, depression, increased sensitivity to light or pain when taking a deep breath.
- Talicia may reduce the effectiveness of oral or other forms of hormonal birth-control. You should use an
additional non-hormonal highly effective method of birth control while taking Talicia.
- You may experience a brown-orange discoloration of your urine or tears while taking Talicia.